Healthy and light Vietnamese Salad bowls. Great idea for meal prepping as it still stays crisp and fresh in the fridge. With the below recipe I got just over 4 bowls.
- Chicken thighs – 6 pieces
- Bean sprouts – 2 cup
- Carrots – 2 cup
- Cabbage – 2 cup
- Fried shallots
- Rice noodles
- Soy sauce – 1/2 cup
- Fish sauce – 1/2 cup
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 chilli
- 1/2 lime
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- Begin by marinating your chicken for 30 mins. Make sure chicken is roughly the same size to ensure even cooking. To marinate the chicken put the chicken in a bowl and add all the marinade ingredients. Mix everything together than cover the bowl and put it in the fridge.
- While the chicken is marinating preheat the oven to 200°c.
- Once the chicken has marinated for at least 30 mins pour everything in a deep tray and cook in the oven for 30mins. (I like to line my tray with cooking paper to spead up the cleaning time)
- While the chicken is cooking you can prep you vegetables. Thinly slice the carrots, cucumber, cabbage and clean the bean sprouts by removing the yellow bits.
- Prep the sauce by adding all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix till the sugar has desolved. You can add and adjust to your liking.
- To prep the noodles follow the instructions on the packet. Once cooked run under cold water.
- Once the chicken is done slice the chicken into bite sized strip and place it back the tray with the sauce.
- Plate up. Noodles go first, I then like to add a bit of dressing on top of the noodles. Then a handful of each vegetable. Complete the dish by garnishing with roughly chopped coriander and fried shallots.