Spicy Feta Cheese
Spicy feta cheese:
Do you love the saltiness of feta? Do you love spicy food? Then this is the perfect dip for you. Tirokafteri – literally translate to spicy cheese. This cheese dip/spread is super simple to make, nothing hard about it. The only kitchen appliance you need is a blender. With the blender you can have this awesome side within a matter of minutes.
Tirokafteri - Spicy Feta
- 1 clove garlic
- 50 g olive oil
- 1 cayenne chilli
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 400 g Greek feta cheese
- 200 g Greek yogurt
- In a food processor add in the garlic, oil and chillies and blitz until everything has broken down.
- In a large bowl crumble up the feta cheese, once crumbled add in the yogurt and combine.
- Finally add in the chili oil mixture and mix until well incorporated.
- Move the tirokafteri to a serving bowl and garnish with some sliced chilies or chili flakes.
- Serve with fresh bread or pita bread.
more about this recipe:
To make the perfect Spicy Feta Cheese, you need to make sure you use quality ingredients. For this recipe I used Dodonis Feta. This feta is imported from Greece. If you can’t find Greek Feta at your local supermarket, maybe try going to a Greek/Mediterranean style deli.
When I made this tirokafteri, I used 5 bird eye chillis. The spicy wasn’t too overwhelming, If you would like it to be more spicy or more mild you can increase or reduce the amount of chillies used.
Garnish the Spicy Feta Cheese with chilli flakes and a fresh chilli. The Cheese can be used a dip, as a spread, as a stuffing for chicken. You can use this in so many different way.
Tirokafteri goes great with Greek pita bread. To make fresh pita bread at home follow my pita bread recipe: Pita Bread