Don’t know what to make for Halloween? Why not make a Spooky Cheesecake. This Cheesecake is a New York styled baked cheesecake with white chocolate and raspberry drizzled on top. I got so many compliments for this cheesecake, everyone enjoyed it and it was all gone within a matter of minutes.
Spook Cheesecake with White Chocolate and Raspberry
- 500 g cream cheese room temperature
- 300 g sour cream
- 165 g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 300 g oreo cookies
- 75 g butter melted
- 200 g frozen raspberries
- 50 g sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 150°c.
- Add the cookies into a food processor and add the butter. Once combined, add mixture into a springform tin and press down over the base and the side of the springform.
- Put base in the fridge to set while you continue and make the filling.
- Mix room-temperature cream cheese and sugar together. Once smooth, add in the flour and the vanilla.
- Continue to mix, scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl if required. Add the eggs one by one. Make sure the first egg has been combined before adding the second egg.
- Afterwards, add the sour cream. Once combined, remove from the mixer and set aside.
- Add the mixture to the base. Cover the bottom of your springform with aluminium foil. Place the springform in a baking tray, then, fill the tray with water.
- Cook Cheesecake in the oven for 1hr, or until set. (Middle still slightly jiggly).
- Once cooked, open the oven door slightly and let the cheesecake sit for at least an hour before transferring to the fridge to cool (4 hours).
- To make the Raspberry blood, in a small saucepan cook down the raspberries with the sugar.
- Once the raspberries have cooked down - roughly 10 minutes. After, set aside to cool.
- Pass the raspberries through a sieve.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate and raspberry blood on top and make a gory as possible.
ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
A New York style Cheesecake drizzled with a rich Raspberry sauce (Raspberry Blood) and drizzled with White Chocolate. This Spooky Cheesecake with White Chocolate and Raspberry is to DIE for 😈. It is smooth, sweet, creamy and absolutely delicious. This Spooky Cheesecake is perfect for any Halloween event. I made this for a Halloween morning tea at work and it was a definite hit.
Making the cheesecake:
The trick to making the perfect New York Cheesecake, is using room temperature ingredients. Before you begin making your cheesecake, make sure you leave the cream cheese, eggs, sour cream on the bench and come to room temperature. I use a kitchen aid standing mixer, though, if you don’t have one – this can still be done with a hand mixer. Make sure to constantly scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
making the raspberry blood:
While the cheesecake is in the oven, you can make the delicious raspberry sauce. Just add all the ingredients together into a pot and bring to a boil. Then with a sieve, separate the seeds. Add sauce to a jar. This sauce can be used in many other desserts.
Resting and serving:
After baking the Cheesecake for roughly an 1 hour, let it sit with the oven door slightly open for another hour. After an hour has passed, move the Cheesecake from the oven to the fridge. Leave in the fridge for a minimum of four hours or overnight. For a ghoulish twist, I drizzled my raspberry sauce down the side of the cake. I also added some little spiders to add to the spooky effect, though, these aren’t edible.