One of my favourite meals to meal prep are burritos as you can simply store them in the freezer and take one out whenever you feel like burritos. Most pulled pork recipes online use a slow cooker. I make my pulled pork in a pressure cooker and it does a great job.
- Pork shoulder
- Roughly chopped onion and garlic
- Half a cup of coke
- 1 Orange
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 lime
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 onion
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp of chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch of clove
- Chop pork into rough chunks and add the spice rub and marinate over night.
- In a pan or in the pressure cooker add a bit of oil start to brown the pork.
- Once the pork has browned add in the garlic and onion and saute.
- Add in the bay leaf and cinnamon stick
- Once the onion and has slightly browned add in the juice from one orange the coke and then cover with water.
- Start pressure cooking. I usually leave it pressure cook for an hr. Depending on how big the pieces of pork are this could vary.
- Once you are able to pull apart the pork with a fork transfer the meat to a plate and shred it with two forks.
- With the remaining juice in the pressure cooker add corn flower and thicken it up to create a nice sauce for my burritos.
- Add the juice of one lime to your pork and add some coriander.
Building your burritos
You can put whatever you like in your burritos.
In my burritos I have brown rice infused with the juice of a lime, coriander and a finely diced red onion, sour cream, green capsicums, sauce from the pulled pork and cheese (I use mozzarella).