First time I tried Pad See Ew, I had no idea what I ordered and it was a pleasant surprise. Pad see ew has become on of my favourite Thai recipes to eat out or make at home.
One of the most important things about cooking stir fry is making sure you have prepped all your ingredients before you start cooking.
If you can’t find fresh rice noodle rolls, you can substitute with dried rice noodles, follow the packet instructions to prep the dried rice noodles.
Pad See Ew, which means “stir fried soy sauce noodles, is an extremely popular Thai street food meal.
Pad See Ew
- 500 g beef thinly sliced beef (can substitute with either pork or chicken).
- 2 bunch of Asian greens.
- 1 packet of rice noodle roles you can use dried rice noodles too.
- 4 eggs
- 1 spring onion
- 2 big cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp ABC sweet soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp cornflour
- Splash of water
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1/2 Lemon
- Thinly slice the beef and add to the marinade. To make the marinade in a bowl add 1tsp of corn flour, 2tbs of soy sauce, 1tbs sugar and 1 minced garlic clove.
- Chop the asian greens into thirds and the rice noodles into bite size pieces
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl and add a bit of salt and pepper. Pour in a pan and scramble the eggs, Once scrambled leave on the side, you will add the eggs to the dish later on.
- Add the sesame oil to the pan, once the pan has heated up add the asian greens, garlic, 1tbs oyster sauce and 1tbs of the ABC sauce and a splash of water and then stir fry.
- Once the greens have started to wilt add the meat. The corn flour in the meat marinade will help thicken the sauce. Once the meat is nearly cooked add in the rice noodle rolls and the eggs and stir fry for 1 minute. Take off the heat and add the slice green onions and drizzle with lemon.
- Plate up and start eating