A quick Carbonara, can easily be done in 20mins. Something to cook when you don’t have a lot of time but still want something a bit fancy. Its carb o’clock.
- 5 egg yolks
- 100ml cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 4 rashes of bacon
- 1 garlic clove
- Chillie flakes
- 1 packet of your favourite pasta
- Start boiling water in a pot. Once it has come to a rolling boil add your pasta, while pasta is boiling we will prep the other ingredients. Make sure you salt and add some olive oil to your pasta water.
- While water is boiling, chop up your bacon and your garlic and add to a hot pan and cook.
- Crack 5 eggs yolks into a large mixing bowl. Then add the cream and the Parmesan. Season sauce with pepper and chilli flakes.
- Grab one ladle full of boiling pasta water and whisk into your egg mixture.
- Once the bacon has nicely browned add it to the mixture.
- By now your pasta should be cooked al dente. Drain and add to the Carbonara sauce.
- Once you add the pasta make sure to mix for 2-3 minutes. By doing this we are cooking the sauce and making sure all the pasta is coated.
- Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan and add chilli flakes and cracked pepper.