About this recipe:
Want to make the perfect chocolate chip cookies? Follow this recipe to make the perfect cookies, these cookies are crispy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. In this recipe i used dark chocolate chips.
Depending on the size of the cookies, you can make up to 30 cookies.
These cookies are the best when they are fresh out of the oven!
Don’t want chocolate chip? Try our Raspberry and White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 125 grs butter
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar lightly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1 ¾ cups self raising flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°c.
- Divide room temperature butter into small cubes and add to a mixing bowl, mix on a high speed with sugar. Mix until the butter has become nice and fluffy – 5mins.
- Lightly beat the egg with the vanilla extract and add to the cookie batter. Mix for another 3mins.
- Sift in the flour and salt, then add the chocolate chips and combine with a spatula.
- Line a tray with baking paper and place balls of the mixture onto the tray. Make sure you leave enough space between them.
- Bake for roughly 10mins. Cooking time will vary, depending on how big your portions are. Once the cookies have gone gold brown, remove from the oven.
- Leave the cookies in the tray to cool for 5mins then transfer them to a wire rack to cool.