Christmas Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Delicious Chocolate Chip cookies with a little Christmas twist. These cookies have dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and red & green M&Ms. They are super delicious and easy to make. Eating these right after they’ve cooled off out of the oven will leave the chocolate bits melting in your mouth and will have you begging for seconds.
Chocolate Chip Christmas Cookies
- 125 g butter
- 1 1/2 tbs caster sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar lightly packed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 ¾ cup self-raising flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup mini M&Ms green and red
- Pre-heat oven to 180°c.
- Divide room temperature butter into small cubes and add to a mixing bowl. Mix on a high speed with sugar. Mix until the butter has become nice and fluffy for roughly 5 minutes.
- Lightly beat the egg with the vanilla extract and add it to the cookie batter. Mix for another 3 minutes.
- Sift in the flour and salt, then, add the chocolate chips and M&Ms. Combine with a spatula.
- Line a tray with baking paper and place balls of the mixture onto the tray. Make sure you leave enough space between them. This is so they do not spread onto each other when being baked.
- Bake for roughly 10 minutes. Cooking time will vary, depending on how big your portions are. Once the cookies have gone golden brown, remove them from the oven.
- Leave the cookies in the tray to cool for 5 minutes. Then, transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
This cookie recipe is similar to my amazing chocolate chip cookies recipe: Chocolate Chip Cookies. The only difference is that they have less sugar as I have added additional chocolate chips and M&Ms. When rolling out your cookies, make sure they are all a similar size. This will ensure that the cookies cook evenly.
If you prefer chewy cookies, cook for an additional 2 – 3 minutes. I cooked these cookies for 12 minutes. If you want a chewy consistency, remove once they’re a beautiful golden brown. Remove from the tray and place them on a cooling rack. Leave the cookies to cool for 5 – 10 minutes.