A super simple recipe that needs no fancy tools. All you need is a fork and a spatula. This banana bread is quite moist, not overly sweet and has a beautiful hint of dark chocolate. If you are a fan of nuts you could also add half a cup of chopped walnuts.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 2 cups plain flour
- 4 ripe bananas
- 200 g melted butter
- 6 tbs brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 1 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 200°c.
- Using a fork, mash the bananas in a large bowl. Do not over mash. Lumps are fine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the mix and combine.
- Finally, add in the dry ingredients.
- If you are using block chocolate, with a knife, chop the chocolate into small pieces and add to the mix.
- Add mixture to a baking tray and cook for 30 - 40 minutes. Cooking time will vary, depending on the cooking tray.
- Use a toothpick to test if it is cooked through. Once cooked, remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
Mash the bananas with a fork, it’s perfectly fine to leave some lumps in the bananas. Add the wet ingredients and then the dry ingredients. If the mixture is too runny, add a bit more flour.
Add the dark chocolate. I didn’t use chocolate chips, I used half a block of quality dark chocolate and chopped it into finer pieces. Combine the chocolate to the mixture and then add to your baking tray. I used a silicon baking tray that I slightly greased and sprinkled flour on.
Cook in the oven for roughly 30 – 40 minutes. Cooking time will vary, depending on size and depth of the baking tray. The best way to test if the banana bread is ready is to prick the banana bread with a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean, the banana bread is ready. Remove from the oven and cool.
For more banana recipes, click the following links :