Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Sticks. OMG these are so delicious.
CHESSY BUFFALO STICKS:
The perfect party food, Cheesy Buffalo Chicken sticks. These buffalo stick are deep fried and crispy, they are cheesy, tangy, spicy and DELICIOUS!
What are in these fried goodness? Cheese, Chicken, Buffalo sauce, and Jalapenos. Make sure you make a big batch of these delicious treats, as they won’t last. People will be coming back for seconds and thirds. Serve with a blue cheese sauce or ranch dressing.
You can pre-make these sticks and leave them in the freezer, take them out when you want to fry them and have a top-quality snack within a matter of minutes. With this recipe, I made about 20 sticks, because there were only a couple of us, I only fired up half the batch. I added the remainder into a ziplock bag and put it back in the freezer.
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Sticks
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken mixture:
- 250 g cream cheese softened
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup milk (combine with eggs)
- 3 cups bread crumbs
- 2 cup flour
- Vegetable oil for frying.
- Line the baking dish with baking paper. If you are using silicon tray, you can skip this step.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the mixture (cream cheese, chicken, hot sauces, cheese, garlic powder, jalapenos)
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish. With a spatula smooth out the mixture, making sure it's spread out evenly. Freeze until solid, roughly 3 hours.
- Remove the mixture from the tray, and cut into even slices.
- Coat each stick with flour, then dredge through the eggwash, then coat with breadcrumbs. Dip once more in the eggwash and then once more in the breadcrumbs. Place on a lined baking tray.
- At this stage, you can place these back in the freezer and use at a later time.
- Heat a pot of oil until it reaches 190c
- Place sticks in oil and fry for about a minute or until golden brown. Place on a cooling rack so all the excess oil can drip off.
- Serve with blue cheese sauce or ranch.
Making the mixture:
This recipe is super easy, but put all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl then mix. Once mixed place the mixture into a try of you liking, I used two trays. One loaf tray and one muffin tray. Place in the freezer for at least 3 hours. We place the mixture in the freezer, so it can harden. This will make our life easier when it’s time to crumb our beautiful cheesy sticks.
Crumbing our cheesy buffalo chicken sticks:
This still is super simple, though it can get messy, so maybe wear some disposable gloves. Once you have removed your frozen mixture, simply cut into even sticks. Roll the stick in the flour, egg wash, then bread crumbs. For an extra crunchy stick, place in the egg wash and bread crumbs one more time. Heat some oil in a pot, and once hot place the sticks in the pot. Cook for about two minutes or until a nice golden brown colour has been achieved.
Eating these babies:
Once removed from the oil, place on a cooling rack so the exes oil can drip off, then place on a plate. I have lined my plate with some paper towel, just to absorb more oil. Serve with a blue cheese sauce or with some ranch dressing. Make sure not to bite straight into these bad boys, as the inside will be as hot a lava 🔥