What inspired me to make buffalo fried chicken burgers? One of my favourite burger joints near my work specialises in fried chicken burgers. My absolute favourite burger on their menu is called the Buffalo Crispy. This is my attempt at making the Buffalo Crispy at home. This burger is super simple, it doesn’t have many ingredients, but it’s so tasty!
What does a buffalo fried chicken burger contain?
- Delicious brioche buns
- Fried chicken – follow my recipe – Super Crispy Fried Chicken
- Buffalo sauce
- Japanese mayonnaise
If you are a Brisbane local – head to Lucky Egg and try out this amazing burger/sandwich. Lucky Egg is located on Brunswick Street, Fortitude Valley.
Buffalo Fried Chicken Burgers
- fried chicken
- brioche bun
- buffalo sauce
- Japanese mayonnaise
- Cook your fried chicken. Make sure to follow my super crispy fried chicken recipe.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare your buns. Slice buns and butter, slightly toast under the grill. Roughly 1 - 2 minutes.
- Once the chicken is done, rest on a tray. As soon as the chicken comes out, add a slice of cheese on top. Because the chicken is hot, it will melt the cheese.
- Begin building your burger. On the bottom bun, add the mayonnaise.
- On top of the mayonnaise, add the spinach. Then, add your fried chicken with cheese.
- Finally, top off your burger with pickles and the buffalo sauce. Add the top bun and then you're done!
The most important step? Making the fried chicken.
Follow my Super crispy fried chicken recipe to make this amazing burger:
As noted in my recipe above, I’m not building my burger with large quantities of ingredients, it’s totally up to you. This is more of a guide than a recipe. If you want to add or remove something, go for it. That’s the beauty of making a burger. Don’t like pickles? Remove them. Want tomato? Simply add it. The world is your oyster!
I really wish I took a better photo. I realised I started staking with the wrong bun, so I had to flip the burger. That’s why my spinach is on top. Oh well – it was delicious either way. Because this burger is so calorie heavy, it’s not something you can eat frequently… Maybe a monthly treat.