About this recipe:
My sister Adrianna and I were making Koulouria one day and we had some leftover dough. We looked what we had in our fridge and we decided to make these little delicious bacon & cheese stuffed bread parcels. These little parcels are filled with tomato, bacon and cheese and are absolutely delicious.
Bacon & Cheese Stuffed Bread
- 150 g plain flour
- 350 g strong flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 50 g sugar
- 300 ml warm water
- 2 sachets dry active yeast
- 5 rashers bacon
- 5 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- Pour the water into a mixing bowl and add the dry yeast. Dissolve the yeast and set aside for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add the rest of the dough ingredients and knead in the mixer for 7 minutes on a medium power.
- Set dough aside to rest (30 mins). While the dough is rising, turn the oven on to pre-heat at 200°c fan forced.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, its time to start rolling out the dough. Divide the dough in 10 equal pieces.
- Roll out the dough into little circles, to about 1cm thickness - mix tomato paste, olive oil and oregano together in a small bowl then add some to the centre of your rolled-out dough.
- Add your cheese and bacon, and then fold the dough, making sure you cover the filling. Think of it as folding a dumpling.
- To help the edges stick, wet your fingers with some water to help the dough stick.
- Cook in the oven for 15-20 mins until golden brown.
These bacon and cheese stuffed bread parcels are mouth-watering, they are like mini pizza pockets, but better. There is nothing better than eating fresh bread stuffed with mozzarella and bacon. This recipe is super simple, the only hard thing about it is waiting for the dough to rise.
Don’t have a bread recipe? Follow our Koulouria Thesalonikis recipe to make the perfect crunchy and chewy dough. If you don’t want bacon, try out our other stuffed Koulouria recipe – Stuffed Koulouria.